Saturday, October 15, 2011

Grandma Jo's Zucchini Bread

One of my favorite treats at Grandma's house has always been warm zucchini bread.  She'd go out to Dad's garden every summer and pick fresh zucchini's and always, always made zucchini bread.  Mind you, it wasn't every day, or every week for that matter.  It was always a special treat...and I have been cravin' that good stuff for weeks!  So today, I finally got around to it.  I made Grandma Jo's Zucchini Bread.


Now, you must remember, Grandma lives 1500 miles away.  Thank goodness for telephones, or else I may never enjoy the deliciousness for quite some time.  But, with today's wonders, I was able to call her and make my own recipe card.  So blame me for the poor directions.


Yes, that's butter melting on top.  Paula Dean would be proud.

And Grandma said use TWO pans...well, I only had one.  So I had to improvise.


It's bite sized...It's fresh...and it's smothered in butter!  Why yes ladies and gentlemen, I give you the ZUCCHINI BREAD MUFFIN!

Mike loved them...and I'm sure Eggs would too if I ever let him get his paws on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment