Wednesday, December 28, 2011

to market, to market...

We couldn't have asked for better weather here in Missouri for our Christmas break junken trip.  Peeps and I started out by dropping Jordan the grandson off at Great-Grandma Jo's house for a day of fun, keeping Great-Granddad busy and then off we went to pick up Sheri from her house out in the country.

Our first stop was in Windsor at the shop on the corner.  Several Christmas items were on sale, but none we needed.  Peeps likes the tool room there, but nothing for him either.  They have lots of clothes for small children and since we have no small children...

On to Clinton and a nice chocolatey mocha (Sheri got a yummy peppermint mocha!) from the golden arches.  We whizzed by Nichols Corner, and several other nice shops which were CLOSED.  Imagine that, being closed during the week after Christmas.

Warsaw was hopping today.  Lots of folks in the fleas and on the roads.  The big store on the corner of the square was open and is full to the brim with nice items.

Jeff found a copy of an old Christmas record we (the Garrison Girls) used to enjoy singing and dancing to time after time. 

I found a little treat for Chandra there too.  

This lovely lady was getting a pretty paint job.  
The pictures do not do the paint colors justice.




Lunch was at the new Mexican restaurant and on down the highway to Crocker, by the way of Lebanon due to missing the turn onto 7 highway.  (We weren't lost, we just weren't quite sure where we were exactly!)  After finally connecting with highway 17, we passed this cute little shed all decorated with garland and red bows.







Another little hop and a skip and we found the Bear Ridge Antiques, just waiting for us to shop.  They have a great selection of collectibles, antiques and prim items.  I found some little battery operated candles, which Ivy now tells me that $tree sells, but I did get 4 for $3!  Hope the batteries are good, but I am realistic.  (FYI, I just tried to add a bulb, new batteries and I got nuttin!)

They also sell yummy smelling wax tarts, I picked a blueberry muffin and a harvest spice scent.  Harvest spice smells a bit like pineapple with clove.  

I also found a pretty angel for my office collection.  
I just know that I've heard at least one bell ring recently.  

Here are pics of some items that caught my eye, but not didn't bring home.  
This rocker is very unusual and very pretty with a needlepoint seat.

 How about this old wood stove?  
It said Carver (I think-can't remember anything!) Oak Wood Burner on the front.

This little garland was sewn from homespun links like the paper strips that we used to staple together.  Very cute and simple, a great idea for next years Christmas tree.

This coffee jar caught Peeps' eye.  It reminded him on one we have.  
Psst...see the price tag?

And who doesn't love a teapot with Santa & Mrs. Claus?

I need to make a sign like this for our porch.

 This sign might remind me of someone.

This huge wood burning furnace was keeping the store warm.  
Very nice indeed.  Look how huge this thing is next to the screen door!

I LOVE this chandelier!  Wonder if they sell light bulbs like that?

And this beauty really wanted to come home with me, so she could live at Cousin Becky's house.

Hello!  A Monopoly game older than Granny?  Shocking!

Bear Ridge Antiques' front porch.


We hurried to Eugene, Missouri to find a couple more shops before the 5:00 closing time only to find NOTHING!  Not even the streets that were listed as the addresses.  Maybe someone had the addresses wrong?   Then through Eldon and Windsor, to Sheri's house and home again, home again, jiggety jig.

No comments:

Post a Comment