Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Time Is Coming.

The advent calendar I made this year.  Amazing what a bit of scrapbook paper can produce.  
Tutorial to come!



These blocks are Rudolph products.  Found them on Amazon.com for about $15.00.  LOVE them!


I might not have shared my candy cane filled beer mugs at Halloween time, but I'll share the cinnamon and peppermint ones!  My husband was stationed in Germany for several years...and he collected many a beer mug.  I've put them to good use!  The tin there on the left has been dedicated to our "Crack Pretzels".  Crack pretzels are those ones you cover in chocolate...and we love them!


Here's the newest addition to my Christmas decor.  I eat A LOT of cheerios...and therefore have a lot of boxes.  With a bit of red and white paint, here's what I produced.  "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is by singing loud for all to hear" is a great quote from one of my favorite holiday movie.  Elf, starring Will Ferrell, came out on my birthday several years ago, and I'll always be a fan.


Here sit my favorite scents this season.  On my kitchen counter sit Red Apple Wreath from Yankee Candle and Blackberry Tart & Lemon Pound Cake that happened to be $4.96 at Wal-Mart.  Go get yourself some...you're welcome.


Here is a vase...that I once began to hate, considering it held flowers from a not-so-special-someone.  But I've repurposed it.  Now it holds beautful vintage ornaments that my mother gave me.  I looped in a string of white 20-count lights from Hob Lob ($1.99)


Here's one of my favorite finds.  Red Velvet Cupcake 14.5oz for $4.96 at Wal-Mart.  In the background is a wine bottle of St. Chapel, the bottle we drank on our wedding day...with our red velvet cupcakes.  You can also see another Rudolph accent, my Rudolph snow globe.  Really, I'm crazy about that silly reindeer.


No comments:

Post a Comment