Sunday, September 23, 2012

I LOVE fall!

Now that summer's heat has mostly passed, I'm anxious for all the gorgeous colors of fall.  I want to see and smell them in my house, in the car, in my office -- where ever I go!  I've heard and read opinions by others on why this is but, I'll be content just knowing that I do. 

It's hard to get into the spirit of making changes around the house this year though.  We've all been busy, to say the least.  I did happen to have a great visit recently with Cousin Becky.  We roamed a couple of antique malls in Olathe, KS.  I like to take pictures to send to Momma so she can enjoy part of the trip without having to leave her nest.  Here are a few photos of things that caught my eye. 


Cousin Becky is also expecting a new (her first!) grandbaby soon.  I can just see an adorable little fanny plopping on this cute little red rocker!

Sister Melody is always after new ideas, but what a cute idea for our porch.
We need more lighting out there, maybe this is another project for Peeps.

 
Someone at this booth is sooo very creative.
I would love to have one of each please!



 


 With all the garden produce Peeps has, he really needs this.
Might have to save up!
 
This looks just like something that
Peeps and Uncle CB probably scooted around on.
 
I got this too-cute pumpkin and a couple of dishpans to add to the collections.
Peeps is getting quite a collection of enamel pieces. 

After the antique malls, lunch with coffee for Cousin Becky and iced tea for me.

After lunch, I headed home and stopped at Greenwood.  I picked up this yummy cinnamon & cranberries candle, the witch's kitchen towel and a few other things.  I had a visit with the friendly shop keeper, who is also expecting a new grand baby soon.

I'll end with the beautiful asters I picked up last weekend.  I have to enjoy the picture, because evidently my idea of watering flowers differs from someone else.  The kale is still gorgeous, though.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just checking in...how is your Christmas decorating coming along? Dianntha

    ReplyDelete